It’s been a great last week, as AppFusions has been closing down on many preparations for the imminent IBM Connect 2013 conference in Orlando, Florida from Jan 27 – Jan 31. We are sponsoring an exhibitors booth at the event, and can’t wait – it’s going to be a great event.
Further, last Wednesday we received a mail notifying us that we’d made the cut for a stage demo at the 2nd annual “App Throwdown” event – an open demo/contest for OpenSocial application integrations into IBM platforms.
Here’s a video of last years, where we were sitting in the audience. Now, maybe we’re app integration geeks or something, not sure — but anyways, for us this event got us into quite a bit of an excited tizzy! It screamed “APPFUSIONS!”
After the session we all mutually agreed: “WE need to be on that stage next year!”
And now we will be! Yay!
- IBM Sametime in Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Fisheye, and Bamboo
- Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, and Stash in IBM Connections
Here’s a preview!
For the IBM Sametime integrations, Atlassian customers running JIRA, Confluence, Stash, FishEye, Bamboo can natively work with an embedded Sametime client available to them in context inside their Atlassian tools.
Wherever a user’s name shows up in the interfaces, presence indicators tell you whether your colleague is available to chat. If green (available), right click on the presence indicator and start a chat on the fly.
Bring in other colleagues for group chat, or if your IBM Sametime subscription allows for video conferences, go ahead — launch into those too — all from right inside your Atlassian tools!
As for the IBM Connections integrations, of course these are a bit different – but also super convenient to bring together platforms, and more, workflows.
- From IBM Connections, launch the sharebox and log a JIRA issue straight-away from IBM Connections.
- Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Stash (and Bamboo, coming) activity is pushed continually in real-time into IBM Connections, with:
- live contextual / actionable links back to your Atlassian systems – or,
- you can launch a JIRA embedded experience for commenting or status dispositioning, from IBM Connections.
- Atlassian Confluence is integrated into IBM Connections as the “wiki of choice”. (From the Apps menu, find Atlassian Confluence wiki at your fingertips.)
AppFusions will be continuing to feature develop these integrations throughout 2013.
We can’t wait to see how they evolve, with the help and great ideas of IBM and Atlassian customers who in our experience, like AppFusions, simply want to “bring it together!”
(Keep in touch, if you would like more info!)
So come visit us at the show. We’ll be at booth B57, right on the way into (or out of) the keynotes!
You won’t be able to miss us — we’ll be the ones with the gigantic Atlassian Experts sign, and bright colored AppFusions sign like the one below!
Note: AppFusions’ Bill Ives will also be covering the event daily on this blog beginning Jan. 28. Hope to see you there!
Get excited – 5 days left!
Look out for our new banner !!